Electronics-Lab.com Community

A free online electronic circuit design tool

HadleyWhite

I have been using EasyEDAhttps://easyeda.com/editor for over a year now with great results. There’s no subscription cost to use it and in Anonymous mode you don’t even have to register.It has some rough edges but is developing very quickly with a Sandbox version for users to try out new features.(There’s a major update due from the Sandbox in a week or so that will introduce live DRC in PCB layout, the ability to add extensions and scripting and add a raft of new parts.)The most startling things about EasyEDA are not just that it is free up to the point where you want to physically buy a (low cost) PCB directly from EasyEDA but that, unlike ExpressPCB and some others, you are not tied into buying the PCBs from EasyEDA: you can download Gerbers and send them off to any PCB fab house at no charge from EasyEDA.It has some pretty impressive import (and export) options. For instance it can import schematic and PCB designs from Altium and Eagle. Library import from KiCad is also provided.It can even import schematics from LTspice which gives LTspice users a really easy route into doing PCBs straight from LTspice schematics.Although maybe not important to this discussion, EasyEDA also has good simulation support using ngspice. Many LTspice simulations can be run in ngspice with little editing effort.Symbol and footprint library searching is simple (although searching for spice models is still a bit clunky but all devices in the default library have models already associated with them).I’ve found the ability to share projects privately or publically a useful feature for collaboration. If people are interested to try it, I’d recommend looking through the Tutorial and the Simulation eBook before diving in.

What's EasyEDA?Please see EasyEDA Tutorial at https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/introduction.htm#What'sEasyEDA

EasyEDA is a great web based EDA tool for electronics engineers, educators, students, makers and enthusiasts.

There’s no need to install any software. Just open EasyEDA in any HTML5 capable, standards compliant web browser.

Whether you are using Linux, Mac or Windows; Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera, or Safari. EasyEDA has all the features you expect and need to rapidly and easily take your design from conception through to production.

EasyEDA provides:

Schematic capture

ngpice-based simulation

PCB layout

PCB Design Rules and Checking

Export

PCB netlist in

Altium Designer

Kicad

PADS

Spice netlist

WaveForm simulation plot data (in CSV format)

Schematic in

pdf

SVG

Creation of BoM reports

Import

Altium/ProtelDXP Ascii Schematic/PCB

Eagle Schematic/PCB/libs

LTspice Schematic/symbols (may require editing for Ngspice compatibility)

Kicadlibs/modules (footprint libraries)

Spice models and subcircuits

Symbol creation and editing

Multi-sheet and Hierarchical schematics (passive drawings and active simulation schematics)

Spice subcircuit creation

WaveForm viewer

Post simulation measurements

PCB footprint creation and editing

Simple but powerful general drawing capabilities

Schematic symbol, spice model and PCB footprint library management

Online sharing of - and collaborative working on - schematics, simulations, PCB layouts, designs and projects

• 1 month later...

Thank you for sharing your experiences with your PCB Design program. I like so share my impressions as well. I have been using EAGLE PCB Design http://www.cadsoftusa.com/  for quite some time and I am very satisfied. It's not online, but I like to keep my data safe on MY computer!! 

About Eagle, I like the way they support you, when you´ve got questions. There is a good community to ask, and also the on-site trainings, webinars and tutorials are great help. Furthermore the program is logic, so you can use it intuitively.For further reading there are also some pretty good book to this topic. There is a free trial to test this program. Go to http://www.cadsoftusa.com/download-eagle/ and check it out yourself.