Electronics-Lab.com Community

Popped SMD resistor, need advice for repair

Ill limit you with the boring details, but I have an electronic device that I can attach to my bike tire and it produces power and in return it can apply resistance to my wheel to simulate a steep hill or I must produce a certain number of watts. Its a great tool for training....

mehr: chung cư sun láng hạ
I heard a pop and then took apart the unit to find a burned spot on the PCB. I later found the fried SMD melted to the inside of the plastic housing. Looking at everything, I found a part number for the replacement resistor and I plan on ordering that first. Ive never had to solder or mess with SMD parts before so I need advice on what to do, and what not to do. Im sure this was caused by an over-voltage, but Im extremely green, so if anyone can tell me what I should be checking out in addition to the resistor it would be greatly appreciated. Finally, what should I do about the hug burn on the PCB?
Replacing the PCB is more than I have to spend, so I have to repair it.

Recap:
I burned a resistor off the pcb, I want to repair it, what else should be checked, how do I clean the huge burn?

mehr lesen: toyota fortuner 2017, hyundai 1.9 tan

Click this image to show the full-size ve