Electronics-Lab.com Community

Light font?

HarryA

Is it me or is the forum running out of toner? The font seems to be getting lighter over time. I can not adjust the browser to improve it.

Also at login there is no physical response; the login area is down below the screen so one thinks nothing happened. Just trying to be helpful 😀

The font:

font.png.164be032b12ecbc0cbbf87e3169cc172.png

"The font:" above is much lighter than the uploaded example.

I could not see how to continue with the next image so I  am here. I am using an HP x20LED; I can not get to the model number. Lets see what others say. For login one does not see the "Display Name" nor the "password" text. Perhaps removing the dead space above it would help?

login.png.6e653f525c7c5da039a86ecd758266ad.png

Seems like you are on low resolution screen and that the page is loaded in tablet mode. So that's why you see the menu like that, and possible font alteration. The white space is not empty is the advertising space that you ad blocker prevents from showing, so we can't do much about that. I will try to make the fonts a tone darker to see if this has any effect.

• 3 months later...
On 10/17/2020 at 4:13 PM, HarryA said:

Is it me or is the forum running out of toner? The font seems to be getting lighter over time. I can not adjust the browser to improve it.

Also at login there is no physical response; the login area is down below the screen so one thinks nothing happened. Just trying to be helpful 😀

You can change the font color of your post using the custom panel. Messages from other users can be viewed through code or by installing plugins in chrome. I have been looking for a good translation for a long time and these attempts have helped me in many ways. I needed a good typeface for the book  review. This option solved my problems and I realized that the web options for books are saving resources and time.

• 2 years later...
On 10/17/2020 at 8:13 PM, HarryA said:

Is it me or is the forum running out of toner? The schriftarten seems to be getting lighter over time. I can not adjust the browser to improve it.

Light fonts are a delightful addition to any design, providing an elegant touch and a sense of sophistication. They are characterized by their thin strokes and delicate appearance, making them perfect for projects where a subtle and refined aesthetic is desired.

One of the key advantages of light fonts is their ability to enhance readability while maintaining a visually pleasing layout. They can be an excellent choice for body text in web and print design, as they create a harmonious balance between legibility and style. Light fonts have the power to add an airy and modern feel to any project, making them especially popular in minimalistic and contemporary designs.

When used sparingly and in the right context, light fonts can make a significant impact. They are versatile and work well in various applications, including headlines, subheadings, and even logos. Their understated nature allows them to be paired effectively with bold or contrasting typefaces, creating striking visual contrasts that capture attention.

However, it's important to exercise caution when using light fonts in certain situations. Their thin strokes can become less legible at smaller sizes or on screens with low resolution. Therefore, it's crucial to test the font in different scenarios and ensure that it remains clear and readable for the intended audience.