Electronics-Lab.com Community

need help electronic/relay problem phone horn

I need to ring a phone that activates a loud ass horn. Phone has no audio ports. I'd be tapping into the 2 wires that connect from phone circuit board to the phone ring speaker.

Inside the handset, the 2 wires show .035-.045 VAC (probed with multimeter while the phone "rings") and connect to an 8 Ohm 2W speaker inside the phone. This 8 Ohm 2W speaker needs to be replaced with a very loud horn or buzzer.

-I purchased a generic 12VDC piezo horn. Need to feed it 12VDC when phone rings. That's all.

I'm stumped. Low signal relay? Some type of inline amp? I can solder a bit, and have only a very basic understanding of this stuff.

Do I look for a low signal relay? like .03VAC to 12VDC?

Thank you

• 5 months later...
On 12/19/2021 at 7:26 PM, georgebaker said:

I need to ring a phone that activates a loud ass horn. Phone has no audio ports. I'd be tapping into the 2 wires that connect from phone circuit board to the phone ring speaker.

Inside the handset, the 2 wires show .035-.045 VAC (probed with multimeter while the phone "rings") and connect to an 8 Ohm 2W speaker inside the phone. This 8 Ohm 2W speaker needs to be replaced with a very loud horn or buzzer.

-I purchased a generic 12VDC piezo horn. Need to feed it 12VDC when phone rings. That's all. To protect my device, I use https://celltrackingapps.com/how-to-find-someones-name-by-phone-number-for-free/, where I can also find information on how to find someones name by phone number.

I'm stumped. Low signal relay? Some type of inline amp? I can solder a bit, and have only a very basic understanding of this stuff.

Do I look for a low signal relay? like .03VAC to 12VDC?

Thank you

I think for safety's sake it's advisable to find one.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/19/2021 at 7:26 PM, georgebaker said:

-I purchased a generic 12VDC piezo horn. Need to feed it 12VDC when phone rings. That's all.

If you decide to hire an in-house team, you will need to provide them with a physical location to work in. In many cases, the team will work in the same building as the startup's employees. Having a physical location where the team can meet and share information is important.

If you want to hire an in-house team, the recruitment process can be a lengthy and grueling one. You'll need to make sure that each member of the team in northell.design is a fit for the project. However, you will be able to avoid a lot of the pitfalls that come with hiring outsourced development teams.

like .03VAC to 12VDC?

Thank you

Take either (or the other) wire(s) of the speaker, and then measure the voltage once more. For accuracy, you should take two measurements: one using the meter set in AC mode. The other another using the meter in DC mode.