Electronics-Lab.com Community

the USB tester

hello everybody. Am a USB manufacturer and I have had many complains from the end users of my USB product where by after sales I have  gotten several information that the USB is not working, I really want to know how i can over come such challenges as for now my company reputation might go down. I want to know how i can test the end product to ensure its functionality without injecting into the phones. I have come across this type of tester ATtiny85 USB Tester - Share Project - PCBWay and am not sure if it is the best. Could any of you have adifferent idea about what am thinking of doing?

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/20/2022 at 1:23 PM, M Salman Sarwar Khan said:

This link is a TTL to USB converter and it works fine but first please explain what's your product? after knowing the details, I could give you a better response/solution

On this issue. As a USB manufacturer I want something that can be used to test if my USB is working without altering if and before sending them to the market... So advice me

• 1 year later...
On 11/1/2022 at 1:59 AM, loribennms said:

I didn't know where to put this so, what the heck? I put it here. Is there any reasonably- priced USB cable tester out there? Over time, I have accumulated a lot of USB cables: A, B, Mini-B and C. Some of them came with wall warts and are very possibly charge only, with no data capability but they've gotten mixed up with all the others. Most of mine are A (2.0 & 3.0) to mini-B. My band has a cable tester that does practically all types of audio cables but I've failed to find anything that tests USB, Is there such a thing that doesn't require a bank loan?

You can take a look at the Klein Tools VDV512-101 Cable Tester.

• 1 year later...
On 2/22/2023 at 10:45 AM, bidrohini said:

You can take a look at the Klein Tools VDV512-101 Cable Tester.

On 2/22/2023 at 10:45 AM, bidrohini said:

I didn't know where to put this so, what the heck? I put it here. Is there any reasonably- priced USB cable tester out there? Over time, I have accumulated a lot of USB cables: A, B, Mini-B and C. Some of them came with wall warts and are very possibly charge only, with no data capability but they've gotten mixed up with all the others. Most of mine are A (2.0 & 3.0) to mini-B. My band has a cable tester that does practically all types of audio cables but I've failed to find anything that tests USB, Is there such a thing that doesn't require a bank loan?

Yes, there are reasonably priced USB cable testers available on the market that can help you determine the functionality of your USB cables.