Electronics-Lab.com Community

Animal Repeller

Old Joe

For some time we have been plagued with neighbours barking dogs. Consultation with owners is useless as are council complaints. I have tried commercial animal repellers but found them useless.

I am looking for a simple circuit to build a low voltage HF signal generator preferably adjustable and inaudible to human ear in order to control persistent barking.

Can someone please help as my wife and I are almost at the end of our tether.

Here are a couple of circuits that maybe helpful:

https://www.homemade-circuits.com/dog-barking-preventer-circuit/#:~:text=Referring to the above shown dog bark inhibitor,using the IC2 and the speaker driver stage.

and:

https://www.electroschematics.com/dog-repellent-circuit/

Perhaps a piezoelectric transducer would be louder than a speaker. Would require a different driver circuit. I used a device that women carry for protection that contains a piezoelectric transducer in my cat detector. That  is in the lower audio range of cause. It's very loud. I gather they work well in the  ultrasonic range as they are used in ultrasonic cleaners.

G'day Harry. Thank you for your reply. You have supplied me with enough information to give it my best shot.

I am no electronics whizz but I am able to follow instructions and know a little about electrical theory to get me through.

Regards

Joe from Downunder