Electronics-Lab.com Community

Computerised Battery Analyzer

Kerrowman

Hi there,

I’m looking for a computerized battery analyzer that will achieve the functions shown below and show graphical plots on a Windows 11 laptop in real-time.

I have been looking at the CBA iV from West Mountain Radio that would have been fine and do all I need and at a reasonable price, but it doesn't appear to work with laptops, only desktop computers. The link for this is here: https://www.radioworld.co.uk/cba_iv_pro_58250-1015-computerized_battery_analyzer?ref=StoreYa&utm_source=stry&utm_medium=trafb&utm_term=pla-296303633664&utm_campaign=storeya51

What I am measuring is the effect on the charging process for some small 7Ah AGM batteries, but later also regular car batteries, of a generator that produces high current pulses from a capacitive discharge circuit.

So what I would like to be able to do are the following:

1: Release a known amount of charge (Ah) or energy (Watt-mins) from a fully charged battery; so acting as an electronic load

2: Observe the charging profile of the battery with a Volts vs time graph on a laptop as it is being charged by my pulsing system

3: Be able to measure the power and current delivered to the battery being charged

So I don't need the device to be a power supply but instead to monitor what is happening as the battery charges and also to be a load at times.

I have looked at a few devices (see below) but while they can clearly act as loads, I'm not so sure about the other requirements?

ET5410 Professional DC Electronic Load Programmable Digital Control Battery Capacity Tester Electronic Loads 400W 150V 40A Measurement & Analysis Instruments from Tools on banggood https://banggood.onelink.me/zMT7/s4nr3ceq

DL24/P 150W/180W 2.4" DC USB Tester Electronic Load 18650 Car Battery Capacity Monitor Discharge Charge Power Meter Checker

Thank you