Electronics-Lab.com Community

Fridge Protection

Redge

Hi

i would like to build a circuit to protect my fridge from running to soon after being swirched of.

So there would be a 240 V AC IN (from grid) and AC OUT (to fridge) and when the AC IN is switched off, there must be no AC OUT until about 10 minutes after it was switched off, even if the AC IN

is switched on immidiately after being switched off.The fridge has draws start up power of about 900watt and running at about 140watt.

Could you help with this?

Thank you very much

Redge

There are devices similar to what you want on the market. This one has 5 minute delay. Perhaps if you poke around on ebay or amazon you could find a 10 minute one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293677138457?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM

Else if you want to roll your own we could look at how to do.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi

i would like to build a circuit to protect my fridge from running to soon after being swirched of.

So there would be a 240 V AC IN (from grid) and AC OUT (to fridge) and when the AC IN is switched off, there must be no AC OUT until about 10 minutes after it was switched off, even if the AC IN

is switched on immidiately after being switched off.The fridge has draws start up power of about 900watt and running at about 140watt.

Thank you very much

dino game

Thanks HarryA for the answer for this issue

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2022 at 3:31 AM, Redge said:

Hi

Thank you very much

Redge

g

g

g

Check out Fridge repair Victoria for more information on getting your fridge to run properly.

Dear, Redge

I'd check on Hackster.io to see if someone already made this invention or something similar you could work off of. But I can see why it would be a good idea if you need to turn off the fridges and want them to cool gradually. All the best.

You could use a time delay relay. This relay would be connected in series with the power supply to the fridge, and would delay the power to the fridge for a specified period of time after the power supply to the relay is switched off.

1. Begin by selecting a time delay relay that can handle the voltage and current of your fridge. For a 240V AC circuit, you could use a relay rated for at least 10A.

2. Connect the 240V AC IN to the input terminals of the time delay relay.

3. Connect the AC OUT of the time delay relay to the fridge.

4. Set the time delay on the relay to approximately 10 minutes (or whatever time delay you prefer). The exact process for setting the time delay will depend on the specific relay you use, but typically involves adjusting a potentiometer or dip switch.

5. Test the circuit to ensure that the fridge is not powered until the delay period has elapsed. If necessary, adjust the time delay on the relay until it meets your requirements.

Try it, hope it helps

• 8 months later...
On 9/8/2022 at 10:57 PM, HarryA said:

There are devices similar to what you want on the market. This one has 5 minute delay. Perhaps if you poke around on ebay or amazon you could find a 10 minute one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293677138457?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM

Else if you want to roll your own we could look at how to do.

On 5/2/2023 at 12:57 PM, Serendipity said:

You could use a time delay relay. This relay would be connected in series with the power supply to the fridge, and would delay the power to the fridge for a specified period of time after the power supply to the relay is switched off.

1. Begin by selecting a time delay relay that can handle the voltage and current of your fridge. For a 240V AC circuit, you could use a relay rated for at least 10A.

2. Connect the 240V AC IN to the input terminals of the time delay relay.

3. Connect the AC OUT of the time delay relay to the fridge.

4. Set the time delay on the relay to approximately 10 minutes (or whatever time delay you prefer). The exact process for setting the time delay will depend on the specific relay you use, but typically involves adjusting a potentiometer or dip switch.

5. Test the circuit to ensure that the fridge is not powered until the delay period has elapsed. If necessary, adjust the time delay on the relay until it meets your requirements.

Try it, hope it helps

All this will save your energy and will be helpful for sustainability.

Protecting your refrigerator and adopting good practices can contribute to energy savings and ensure the appliance operates efficiently. Here are some tips for fridge protection to save energy:

1. Proper Temperature Settings

Regular Cleaning and Defrosting

Proper Ventilation

Check and Seal Door Gaskets