i acquired a non-working ps 613u power supply
two 2200uf caps had exploded
i replaced them and it appears to be working
my complaint is the voltage and current pots are very sensitive
it's near impossible to adjust them with any precision
i'm thinking to replace them with multi-turn pots
is this a good idea or a waste of time

https://www.velleman.eu/downloads/2/ps613a502.pdf

Multi-turn pots makes it slow to make adjustments. As Vellerman did not use them perhaps you could replace the pots with good ones like Allen-Bradley pots. Beware  of the various tapers that pots have.  Check Ebay for good prices on Allen-Bradley pots from US suppliers.

• 2 months later...

Replacing the voltage and current pots with multi-turn pots could be a good idea if you are looking for better precision in adjusting them. Multi-turn pots are designed to make it easier to adjust with precision since they can make multiple turns around their shaft. They are also more stable, which means they won't change their setting easily. However, before you replace the pots, it would be a good idea to make sure that the issue is not caused by something else. It is possible that the sensitivity of the pots is due to a problem with the power supply circuitry or other components. If you have ruled out other possible causes and determined that the sensitivity of the pots is the main issue, then replacing them with multi-turn pots could be a good solution. Just make sure to choose the appropriate size and resistance value for the pots, and to follow proper safety precautions when working with electronics.