Electronics-Lab.com Community

Simple Audio sensor board connection to a speaker

Hi there Everybody.

As I'm New to electronics, I need your advice, I have an idea of a project that includes a mic connected to speaker, the point that I have a small audio sensor board the I'd like to connect directly to a speaker through an analog circuit and without the use of an Arduino board, here is link to the chip I own for the moment, Sound Detector - Analog & Digital Outputs - RAM Electronics (ram-e-shop.com)

, I hope somebody help me building such ana analog circuit.  

It looks like  the unit you have is designed to work with a high impedance load like the input to the Arduino. Typically for  a LM386  driving a 8 ohm speaker a 220 to 250 microfarad capacitor is used with the negative lead to the speaker.  Try adding one to your unit. see the circuits here:

https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lm386.pdf?ts=1684218564218&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ti.com%2Fproduct%2FLM386

No, just simply add a capacitor to the  AOUT  terminal  ahead of the speaker from your board.  Can you trace pin 5 of the LM386 directly to the AOUT terminal ?

There may or may not be a small capacitor and resistor connected to pin 5 also.

UPDATE: It look like the board already has an output capacitor. The yellow  227C is a 220 microfarad capacitor. So you do not need to add one. see:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/391354402991?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338766894&toolid=20006&

Just connect your speaker to the output terminals.

• 2 weeks later...

loribennms , thanks sir for your answer .

This why I'm Here to discuss such a board.

Hi everybody, it seems that I found a better board that is doing exactly what I'm Looking For, 

please check it here, LM386 Audio Amplifier Module (200 times Audio Amplifier) - RAM Electronics (ram-e-shop.com)

and This is the wiring Video, 

It's also Cheaper.

I'd like to know your opinion about it, and in case I'd Like to belt a professional plastic enclosure for it, where to find the right place for designing the enclosure to make a model of parts ready for the injection mold.

And If I'd like to run it on AA battery how to calculate the right voltage to run the whole thing, an amplifier board, a mini speaker, and a mic piece.

• 4 weeks later...

You need a Sound Detector module, speaker, amplifier, and connecting wires.

The Sound Detector module provides both analog and digital outputs. To obtain an analog audio signal, connect the AO (Analog Output) pin of the module to the input of an amplifier circuit. You can use a simple op-amp-based amplifier circuit or an audio amplifier module for this purpose. The amplifier circuit will boost the audio signal to a level suitable for driving the speaker.

Connect the output of the amplifier circuit to the input of the speaker. If you're using an audio amplifier module, it may have dedicated inputs and outputs for connecting to speakers.

Ensure that the power supply for the amplifier circuit and the speaker is suitable for their requirements. Amplifiers may require a separate power supply or use the same one as the Sound Detector module, depending on the specifications.

Adjust the gain of the amplifier circuit, if necessary, to achieve the desired volume level.

Once the connections are made, power on the circuit and test it by making sounds near the Sound Detector module. The detected audio signals should be amplified by the circuit and played through the speaker.