[Open Source] KiCad Plugin: Standard Gerber (.GBS/.GTS) & BOM Export for ALL Chinese PCB/PCBA Fabs

frankliu1

Oct 2, 2026
1
Joined
Oct 2, 2026
Messages
1
I’m excited to share a free, open-source KiCad plugin I’ve been working on called Fabrication Toolkit for All.

If you frequently order PCBs or PCBA from Chinese manufacturers (like Elecrow,DIYIPCB, JLCPCB, PCBWay, NextPCB, ALLPCB, etc.), you know the pain of manually renaming Gerber files or fixing BOM columns to match their specific requirements.

This plugin is designed to solve exactly that. It generates manufacturing files that are universally compatible with ALL Chinese PCB/PCBA manufacturers, saving you from tedious formatting work.

Key Features:
  1. Standardized Gerber Naming (The "China Standard"):It automatically exports files with the exact extensions accepted by almost every Chinese fab. No more manual renaming!
    • .GTL / .GBL (Top/Bottom Copper)
    • .GTS / .GBS (Top/Bottom Solder Mask)
    • .GTO / .GBO (Top/Bottom Silkscreen)
    • .GML (Board Outline/Mechanical)
    • Separate PTH and NPTH drill files.
  2. Optimized BOM & PNP for PCBA:
    • Generates a BOM specifically formatted for assembly services.
    • Includes dedicated columns for LCSC Part #, Manufacturer Part Number, and Datasheets.
    • Smartly handles DNP (Do Not Populate) components, generating a clean production BOM separate from the full schematic BOM.
  3. One-Click Export: It creates a single "Production ZIP" containing all necessary files (Gerbers, Drills, BOM, PNP), ready to be uploaded to any manufacturer's website.

Why use it? It ensures your design data is interpreted correctly by the fab house, reducing the risk of manufacturing errors due to file format mismatches. please be carefule that the plugin doesn't check the design problem.

GitHub Download & Documentation: https://github.com/DIYIPCB/Fabrication-toolkit-for-all

The project is released under the MIT License. I would love to hear your feedback, especially if you have specific requirements from other manufacturers that we should support!
 

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
3,561
Joined
Apr 24, 2015
Messages
3,561
I’m excited to share a free, open-source KiCad plugin I’ve been working on called Fabrication Toolkit for All.

If you frequently order PCBs or PCBA from Chinese manufacturers (like Elecrow,DIYIPCB, JLCPCB, PCBWay, NextPCB, ALLPCB, etc.), you know the pain of manually renaming Gerber files or fixing BOM columns to match their specific requirements.
ear your feedback, especially if you have specific requirements from other manufacturers that we should support!
I have never had to convert any files when I send to any of the PCB manuf, and I have used a few?
I jest send the various files in a .Zipped format as produced by Kicad ?
 
Top