Brianj_92505
- Nov 2, 2013
- 11
- Joined
- Nov 2, 2013
- Messages
- 11
I need a circuit to use for the stop solenoid on my tractor. It will have a 12 volt line coming in as well as the 12v from the ignition on switch. The Solenoid will be powered through a relay. What I need is when the ignition is switched off the relay gets turned on for about 3 or 4 seconds, long enough to stall the engine. I thought about something like a resistor and a large capacitor in series across the two power inputs and the junction connected to the base of a pnp transistor. When the ignition gets turned off the base should go low while the capacitor charges turning on the transistor and the turning off again when the cap is charged. The ignition side has a load on it so it provides a path to ground when turned off. Does this seem feasible?