HP 54542A battery

B

BobH

Jan 1, 1970
0
The internal lithium battery on my HP54542A digital scope died. I
replaced the battery and the scope powers up again, but needs cal. I
have the service manual and the calibration instructions don't mention
changing the battery. Is there any special procedure that I need to do
to calibrate this scope beyond what is listed in the manual (due to the
lost memory contents)?

Thanks,
Bob
 
BobH said:
The internal lithium battery on my HP54542A digital scope died. I
replaced the battery and the scope powers up again, but needs cal. I
have the service manual and the calibration instructions don't mention
changing the battery. Is there any special procedure that I need to do
to calibrate this scope beyond what is listed in the manual (due to the
lost memory contents)?

Bob,

Have you looked at the discussion in sci.electronics.repair titled:

HP 54540A scope, any hope of repair ?

The procedure in the manual for recalibration works fine, although
I did have to run it twice as one adc was outside limits the first
time round.

I have been using the 'scope regularly since I replaced the Li cell
without any problems.

John
 
B

BobH

Jan 1, 1970
0
Bob,

Have you looked at the discussion in sci.electronics.repair titled:

HP 54540A scope, any hope of repair ?

The procedure in the manual for recalibration works fine, although
I did have to run it twice as one adc was outside limits the first
time round.

I have been using the 'scope regularly since I replaced the Li cell
without any problems.

John,
No, I had nod seen that discussion, I will look for it.

Thanks for the info,
Bob
 
B

BobH

Jan 1, 1970
0
Bob,

Have you looked at the discussion in sci.electronics.repair titled:

HP 54540A scope, any hope of repair ?

The procedure in the manual for recalibration works fine, although
I did have to run it twice as one adc was outside limits the first
time round.

I have been using the 'scope regularly since I replaced the Li cell
without any problems.

John

I followed the Cal instructions in the manual I got from Agilent's web
site and it looks like everything is good! All tests pass and proofing
against my DVM shows that the two match very closely fo DC voltage
tests. It's Alive!

Thanks,
Bob
 
Top