Sony KV-27HFR - Bad Tuner?

C

Chris F.

Jan 1, 1970
0
This may be a toughie.... the set will tune in a station but will not lock
on, it just drifts back and forth, alternating between a picture and snow. I
replaced all the caps in the tuner section and it made no difference. I
can't locate a pre-scaler IC (which I've seen go bad on other sets), so I'm
assuming it's built into the tuner itself. Am I looking at a bad tuner at
this point? (Part# 1-463-771-11)
I'd normally junk anything needing a tuner, but this set just has too nice
a picture to give up on it.
Thanks for any advice.
 
A

AJ

Jan 1, 1970
0
Very good probablity, have you checked all the voltages associated with the
tuner and compared them to those listed in the service data? Easiest thing
may be to sub the tuner and try it.
 
L

Leonard Caillouet

Jan 1, 1970
0
Have you tried resoldering the bad joints in the IF block? Very common on
these uints.

Leonard
 
C

Chris F.

Jan 1, 1970
0
I will give that a try, thanks.

Leonard Caillouet said:
Have you tried resoldering the bad joints in the IF block? Very common on
these uints.

Leonard
 
C

Chris F.

Jan 1, 1970
0
Yup the voltages are all good (don't have the manual but the voltages are
marked on the board). A 5V supply was measuring 4.7 (with no measurable AC
ripple) but I don't know if that's a problem or not....

AJ said:
Very good probablity, have you checked all the voltages associated with
the tuner and compared them to those listed in the service data? Easiest
thing may be to sub the tuner and try it.
 
Top