TV Shuts Off

V

Video Pro

Jan 1, 1970
0
I have a Philips 27X341 27" telly which has a recurring fault and I'd
appreciate some advice.
After a period of time the tv will shut off and not come back on. The set
has to be left unplugged for a period of time before working again. When it
is working the color is great and the picture is excellent. The set was
manufactured in 1993 in the USA.
I am sure this problem must be known to someone else.
 
F

Fannie

Jan 1, 1970
0
My thought is something overheating.
Take a can of component coolent and
spray a few parts (in the power supply?)
once it's on a has shut itself down.

Or here's a quickie if there's hardly any
dust inside.

With it apart and on... wait for it to shutdown.
Take a fan (floorfan) and turn it on and aim it
inside the TV. You cool everything at once.
If it comes back ... something overheated.

- Chris
 
Top