This project is a tape head Pre-Amplifier circuit.
The circuit is built around a popular Sanyos stereo head preamp IC LA3161. Low electrical signals from the playback heads are fed to pins 1 and 8 of IC1 via DC decoupling capacitors, respectively. Components between pins 2 and 3 and pins 6 and 7 provide adequate equalization to the signals for a normal tape playback.
- Power supply: 9 ~ 12 VDC @ 20 mA
- Output power: upto 200 mW
- Input Resistance – 100 KΩ (Typ), Load Resistance – 10 KΩ (Typ)
- Low noise, good ripple rejection owing to the on-chip voltage regulator
- Berg pins for connecting power supply, input and output
- Power-On LED indicator
- Four mounting holes of 3.2 mm each
- PCB dimensions 49 mm x 38 mm