Electronics-Lab.com Community

Make the cdw,mp3 to work off speakers

TakeAbyte

I hope this is the right place for this question.. :)

I bought a vhs with the dvd,cdw, mp3 player. I have a satelite dish as well, I can hook up all the components to work off the t.v. but what I'd like to do is "besides working off the t.v." I would like to make the cdw,mp3 to work off speakers. I don't have a stereo systems hooked up at this moment.

Is there a way to make this work without loosing the choice of playing movies off the tv?
If anyone knows the answer, I would appreciate it.

This area is fine for this question. However, it might have gotten more exposure in the circuit requests area.
It is really hard to answer this question without at least a block diagram of how your system is put together. There are so many different types out there that a generic answer would most probably be the wrong one. If you are distributing an NTSC signal over different inputs, you will need to make a video amplifier. If you are just needing to connect audio devices to speakers without going through the TV amplifier, then you will need to build an additional amplifier.

MP

Does your TV have Audio output RCA Jacks in the back?
Does your Player?
If so all you need is a Stereo or Amplifier with input Jacks.
The TV has a limited amount of audio so you need an extra Amplifier to hook more speakers up.
I am an Audio Tech as well as a Pressure Washer Tech.
Believe me, any other way you will burn out the amplifier in the TV and you won't have any sound at all!