Electronics-Lab.com Community

hp 720 jornada audio fault

Hello,

I am a novice at electronics, especially surface mount. My HP Jornada 720 PDA developed a fault where the audio signal only worked if I pressed on the casing above the jack output socket. Carefully taking it apart I found that by pushing down on the PCB near the socket, the audio worked. I then unsoldered the socker and checked the pcb tracks to it and other components the track joined to. After resoldering the socket and resoldering two surface mount components that linked with the socket, the audio signal had completely gone. I only touched the surface mount components very quickly with the soldering iron. I am hoping I haven't cooked them. Each audio channel goes to one of the S.M's. When I measure across one with an avo, it reads 150Kohm, but the other (which looks identical) measures a few megs. See photo.

Can anyone help me with this. I cannot find schematics for the pcb. HP won't help me.

Thanks,
kunia

post-2023-14279141612314_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...