Electronics-Lab.com Community

I'm a newbie. Where can I start from?

I have great interest on electronics. I learned basic knowledge about electric and electronic from school. We made some little laboratory experiment. And I'm good at computer programming. Especially on Lower and Middle Level Programming like assembly,c, c++. And I worked on PIC16F84 a little.

Now I want to learn more about electronics. Then I want to learn embedded systems. Where can I start from? Now I'm working on schematic and Board design on EAGLE.

I'm going to learn more about PIC, and make more specific things on it. So I can learn more about electric and electronics. Is it right?If it is, Then I am going to learn Embedded systems.

Do you think it is right thing to do? If not, can you advice another way to learn electronics and embedded systems for someone who has lower intermediate knowledge about electronics? ???

I see no benefit in postpone learning of micros to learn electronics basics. One can learn basics of electronics while making micro projects. In the Colleges and Universities, most do not require electronics courses as a prerequisite to learning micro processors. They usually require some kind of programming as a prerequisite. Most circuits to make a micro work are basically all the same. Voltage buss, Ground, Crystal, Inputs, Outputs....

MP