Electronics-Lab.com Community

Electronic Videos or software for learning?

ducestaley85

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ducestaley85
I doubt that there are educational videos for electronics. And even if they exist, they will be much inferior to a good book. If you want to begin studying electronics, you should go to a bookshop and buy a book of basic electronics: theory and simple circuits with diodes, capacitors, transistors etc. Depending on your region, you can also try a library. Beware of the needed mathematics level required to comprehend the book. Also beware of its age: A 1960 book dedicating most of itself on tubes would be not a good beginner's book. I am sorry I am unable to make recommendations but my few electronics books are not written in English  ;)
Regarding software, you should definitely get a simulation program. This will save you time, burnt components and much money spent on equipment (at least for the start). The only one I have tried is the Electronics Workbench Multisim series. Currently using Multisim 7 and for the simple circuits I build I am very satisfied.

Cheers