Electronics-Lab.com Community

Help using KESRX0 receiver with transmitter

Hello all, I have some general questions if someone can help me out.  I have a supply of receivers and transmitters that I would like to use in my project using an Atmel AVR micro. The receiver uses a KESRX01 IC and a PIC micro. I would like to disconnect the Data out line from the receiver and connect it to my AVR micro. I can currently read the data from the transmitter by connecting the receiver to my computers RS232 port. I cannot make sense of the data but am not to concerned right now as my main problem is the transmitter. The transmitter uses a PIC micro also with a SAW resonator operating at 295.05 MHZ. My problem is how can I use this transmitter without redesigning the whole thing and/or would it be easier to find a trasmitter that works with my frequency and use it instead. I am sure I cannot just take the PIC micro out of the transmitter circuit and expect to feed it with my own data from my micro. Thanks Lupe.