Electronics-Lab.com Community

Bed Timer

Hello I would like to stop risking of breaking my legs everyday at night! ;D

seriously now .. I have my room lights far from the bed and I hate that so I was wondering if I could make a small SWITCH so that when I press the switch the lights will go ON for 30 seconds and than off again. In other words there would be 2 switches in the wall! ONE for the room lights that would leave the lights on until I press it again (just like normal) and another switch that when I press it, it would activate a relay (IN PARALLEL) to the other switch for 30 seconds.

Could anyone help me please? the less components the better since I do not have space in the smal box... also If you could assist me in utilising 230vac instead of transformers etc ... that would be great! .. thanks

Guest Yevgenip

Just get an analog timer (We call it in Israel a saturday clock). It is just like a relay, but you can set it to do what ever you want.

Another option is to use a 555 timer with a singal pulse that will activate the relay - post me if you would like a circuit (I can't post one right now, will post anyway in a while).

2012011_small.jpg

thanks for the reply. the Saturday timer you are mentioning it absolutely not necessary for me because this is just so that i press it and go to sleep! ALSO my problem is that I do not have accesss to neutral wire! only to LIVE wire. The 555 timer you are talking about may interest me!

Please inform me!

thanks

Guest Yevgenip

I cant post pictures as for this moment (not my computer), but here is a link to a program I used to design you the circuit:
http://www.electronics-lab.com/downloads/calculators/006/index.html