Electronics-Lab.com Community

Stability & Precision Training Device for Archers

HI!!!

I wish to design and make a stability and precision training device for archers (in archery) which enables trainings in/ or out of the archery range.

Please advice on the electronic circuitries and components for the following proposal, the technical part as to how to mount components are secondary and I will design for it at the later stage;

Tilt Switch for Laser Pointer at the Archer's End:-
- A laser pointer connected to the tilt switch.
- Once archer's bow is raised to horitontal shooting position, 'Tilt Switch' is ON. Switches laser pointer ON and shoots at target.
-Once archer's bow is lowered to rest position, 'Tilt Switch' is OFF. Laser pointer is switched OFF.

Target Hit Counter at Target End:-
-A Light / Laser sensor to receive laser beam on target. (Sensor Diameter range = 5mm to 10mm)
-Once laser beams on target (the receiving sensor mentioned above), counter starts to count lenght of time ON TARGET.
-Once laser beam is off target, timer reset to zero and stand-by the next hit.

Optional at Target End:
-External sensor extending radially from the target sensor (approximately another 10 mm further) connected to red LED indicator, to represent target HIT close to Bull's eye.

Other considerations:-
-A normal laser pointer to be modified to accomodate TILT SWITCH.
-Alternatively to look for ready-to-be connected laser pointer for the above application.
-Range of effective laser point distance = 10 to 30m. (depending on available market range).
-End product need to be run via batteries (9V?) will be sufficient.

P/S this product or idea is not in the market yet. And I have no electoronic background but am eager to take the challenge for my school project. And hopefully to be able to contribute to archery enthusiastes out there!

Thank you and I look forward to some suggestions.

Daniel
(Singapore)

Guest Yevgenip

Just do what you said, you don't need too many schematics. :)
If you have a laser pointer, replace its switch with a tilt-switch.
For the target reception, use a phototransistor that will trigger a counting circuit.

I don't see how the counting circuit will help you If it will reset once the beam is off.