Electronics-Lab.com Community

PCB Design/Power supply for board

vvv

hi,

at work i'm assigned the task of re-designing a pcb. I have to add 3 variable power supplies, we have a 5V fixed input voltage. and i have design a few variable power supplies and lay them out on the board. In addition, I have to design a step up voltage power supply with input voltage as 5V and output voltage swing of 10-20V.

I have theorectical knowledge about electrical circuits and how they work but I have never done board deisgn (so to speak).

I wanted to get some help with reagrds to this. Are there any good books related to PCB design guidelines/procedure/techniques etc that I could invest in. If any one can direct is some direction I could much appreciate that.

Once again, I was looking for any books related to PCB design. From this book I'm hoping to get some practice/experience on design work.

You state that you are "Re-Designing" a board. What program was it originally designed in? Tutorials are specific to the program that is used for the PCB artwork. You will want to find a tutorial on that particular software. The other alternative is to completely lay out the board again in another program, but this would not make much sense if you are only adding parts to the original.

MP

Dear vvv

I think, at first you should decide what PCB software you want to use...
I started with protel DXP, and i learned it from the books accompanied with the software. There are also some books about protel.
Eagle is another good software for PCB design, But i don't know whether it has books with it or not...

HTH, Shahriar