Electronics-Lab.com Community

Fluke 434 Power Analyzer and 400Hz 3-Phase Power

jawaking00

Hello,

Where I work, we just recieved a Fluke 434 Power Analyzer. http://us.fluke.com/usen/products/Fluke+430+Series.htm?catalog_name=FlukeUnitedStates The thing is, that it can only be setup to analyze lines running with 50 or 60 Hz power. The 3-Phase power we have here is all running at 400 Hz.

What I'm wondering is whether or not anyone knows what would happen if I hooked this up to this higher frequency power? I really don't want to destroy this $4000 dollar piece of equipment, but at the same time, it really doesn't do me any good if I can't use it to analyze any of the power here.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

hi jawaking!
may i know the power level at which you are working at your place?
if it is upto few watts(within TTL RANGE),YOU CAN USE A RIPPLE COUNTER ,A MOD 8 COUNTER WITH 8 STATES WILL DO THE JOB FOR YOU.YOU MAY HAVE TO APPLY SOME ADDITIONAL CIRCUIT JUST LIKE IN CASE U HAVE SINE WAVE,YOU MAY HAVE TO USE A CONVERTER WHICH
CONVERTS TO SQUARE WAVE.AT O/P OF LAST FLIP FLOP IN COUNTER,YOU GET FREQUENCY OF 400/8=50 Hz.YOU CAN ALSO USE FREQUENCY CHANGER ICs.BUT FIRST ONE WILL BE BETTER CHOICE.
PRATEEK