Electronics-Lab.com Community

non-cassette answering machine

what a coincidence. i just started pulling apart a digital answering machine this morning. looks like someone tried to lay down heavy ammounts of solder on a couple of lifted traces.

anyways, the board it's printed on is only single sided. i guess i can probably snap a few mega-high res shots of the pcb and possibly come up with a parts list if you want. it looks like it's missing all of the resistors and diodes, and some of these parts might be hard to get.

it's a Southwestern Bell Freedom Phone Digital Answering Machine, model # FA970 (ugly little turquoise sucker). lemme know if you want some help with it

Hello, IMO it will probably be a bit cheaper and less time to buy one for about 10 or 15 bucks, But if you're doing it as a project or hobby, I would suggest getting your hands on a Voice Recordable Chip from Radio Shack or other Electronic Outlet, and then put together a simple schematic that will allow you to tie it into your phone system...

I believe many of these type of chips allow for multiple recording points which will serve good for numerous messages.

• 2 weeks later...