Electronics-Lab.com Community

How to build powerful neutral or earthing

Hi everybody....
in my place there is a poor electricity and thats because of neutral we are geting.
So now i decided to build my own neutral or earthing for my house.So please give me idea on how to build it?

Thanks in advance

............................................................................................
thanks for the beautiful forum it really helped me alot.

Your soil is too dry for your small grounding rod. Try a rod a few hundred feet long. If it strikes oil, you'll be rich. If it strikes water then your lights might be bright. If it strikes gold you'll have both! ;D

In my country, electricity is distributed to me with a neutral wire. My electricity supplier's high voltage transmission lines have a very good grounding method. Maybe your problem is with the high-voltage ground return, not at your house. Complain to your supplier or stop paying them.

Guest Alun

Every country I know of uses at least a two wire system for domestic electricity distribution. The Neutral wire is always at well grounded and the live is at mains potential. If you're having a problem with the neutral wire grounding it any more won't make any difference. The only reason to increase the grounding would be if a voltage is discoveded on the neutral. I bet if the neutral isn't very well conected then the life connection won't be any better.

Great guys and wounderful advice yap indeed if the rod striked the gold then i will just say WOW and i will be in the richest list...

My voltage must have been 220v but unfortunatly due to poor maintance i get only 150-160v....

By the way i have multimeter but never used on sockets where electricity is.

1-so how to check the ground neutral using digital multimeter?
2-i need to check the voltage using digital meter and i have a marking where i can rotate to use the sutable choose.Should i rotate the rotator of digital multimeter to ACV 750 to check thee types of current?

Thanks a million guys. you were all great.. keep it up.
i appriciate every singal word you guys tried to explain.Thanks

....................................................................................
Surly one of the best forum on net and thats because of wounderful helping nature guys like you all

hi alaveny!
thanks a lot
hi tnk2k!
my house draws 32A from the mains at full load conditional only the Air conditioner is switched off.I have never tried switching all the devices together for the sake of safety.My wiring is precious.    ;DBut i am sure even if i switch on the AC,you can add a few more amperes to it.in nut shell not more than 40A.
prateek

Guest Alun

Gus is there any way to convert 220v to 120-150 volt .Please provide any diagram or schematic with little details furnished.
Regards

Yes you can buy transformers for this purpose.