Electronics-Lab.com Community

Choice for digital oscilloscope?

Kain

It's been a while for me walking arround and asking to use scopes so I finally decided to buy one, not to mention that I got some cash specifically to buy a scope. Now, the 2 models that I looked at and that I can afford (digital ones) are the Tektronix TDS210 Digital Oscilloscope and Instek GDS-806S 60MHz
Digital Storage Oscilloscope. I know that Tektronix is pretty good company indeed, but sometimes they tend to be quite pricy. Those 2 scopes I could buy on the same price - $650, but i don't know which one i should choose. What would you advise me? And please, tell me why I would choose one instead of the other? In other words I need to know the advantages and disadvantages of each model.

Ok, it seems I will have to answer myself. I would take the Tektronix because it does 1Gs/s up to 60MHz on each channel vs. the other one which is capable of only 100Ms/s on each channel. The Tektronix has some additional functions that will come up handy too. Amen