Electronics-Lab.com Community

Wireless Mic aeriel help

hi, i jsut purchased for my karaoke 2 base stations (2 cordelss mics per base)  they are huge items about the size of a dvd player, when i opened them thay has a tiny board in it, ive now mounted them in my rackmount without the case and in one strip. My question is. Each mic had its own aeriel. Would i be able to put them all together on 1 aeriel so i dont have to pull out 4 everytime i have a gig. The details from the box are  FM 110-270

Thanks for any help

But, each mic uses a different frequency so and its only the receivers. so why would it be a problem of blanking, if thats the case wouldnt you not be able to watch two tv chanels at the same time or listen to 2 radiostations at once?  or am i going out of my depth :P  thanks

If the receivers have a very good tuned circuit at their inputs, if you connect them together then the tuned circuit of one will be like a dead short to ground at the frequencies of the others. If they don't have an input tuned circuit then the single aerial will be loaded with an impedance only 1/4th of what it would be with a single receiver.

With TV's, you can connect their inputs together with an impedance-matching transformer (splitter), but the signal to each one is also reduced.