Electronics-Lab.com Community

building a Brain tuner

Hi Everyone , yes my first post hope everyone is doing well

Anyway i have this interest to build  a brain tuner, well its just a electronic relaxation device

anyway i would like some advise on how to go about building this and using the best components possable ( or available)

here is some of the features it needs to have , also i want to do this as it seems simple enough in theory , so maybe some can assist me and let me know how to go about this , anyway here is some of the specs of the original unit but i would not require all the functions it has just 1-3 of the modes

Electrical Specifications:

* Maximum <1.5mA Peak ~40 Volts Peak-Peak into typical 4k ohm load. Minimum <~10 microamperes, 10 Volt Peak-Peak at lowest setting. Output impedance ~20k ohm.
    * Modified rectilinear wave with rapid rise time (under 1uS). There are over 500 harmonic frequencies delivered in each pulse as observed on a frequency domain (not time domain) spectrum analyzer.
    * Base waveform (Mode 1) 1,000 Hz Square wave (+/- 1%) pulse-modulated by 111.11 Hz (+/- 1%) Square wave. Waveforms are Microchip Quartz Crystal-Controlled for precise frequency output. There are 6 user-selectable output Modes.
    * 9-Volt DC Alkaline Battery operation, useful to end voltage ~6.2 Volts. Battery drain: minimum ~9mA @ 9 Volts to maximum of 30mA with output fully loaded.
    * Auto-shutoff time of 20 minutes. Controlled digitally.
    * Pulses are Bi-Phasic (AC) with no DC or offset bias. Output is transformer coupled so that no direct current can appear at electrodes. The algebraic sum of positive and negative-going pulses is zero. This obviates any possibility of electrolysis, ion migration, or polarization. Click here for a photo of the actual output waveform as measured on a Tektronix TDS210 Digital Oscilloscope
    * Low battery indicator. Low battery circuitry illuminates Red LED light when battery voltage falls below 5.2 Volts.

and here are the modes the original operates at , and i only really need 3 modes

MODE 1-3 (550uS pulse width)
Mode 1
1,000 Hz modulated by 111.11 Hz, 550uS Pulse Width
Output = Continuous
Mode 2
Output = 1 Second ON, 1 Second OFF
Mode 3
Output = Amplitude Modulated by 7.83 Hz Schumann (Earth) Sine Wave

MODE 4-6 (220uS pulse width)
Mode 4
1,000 Hz modulated by 111.11 Hz, 220uS Pulse Width
Output = Continuous
Mode 5
Output = 1 Second ON, 1 Second OFF
Mode 6
Output = Amplitude Modulated by 7.83 Hz Schumann (Earth) Sine Wave

So the question is also is it pretty straight forward or quite a complex project as well as does the compoents needed seem fair to get at a local electronic store

Any help will be much appreciated  :)