Electronics-Lab.com Community

high voltage switching power supply

Dear  wimsloe

Designing Switch mode power supplies are not very easy and need Calculations. Specialy the transformer. You should buy a book and read it completely. The topology, frequency and current limiration are some other important factors. there are many books. I am sure nobody can teach you SMPS designing on the web but others can help you to solve your problems.

HTH - Shahriar

it wasn't a typo. yup, 0-500V, 2 amps max. it' just 1kw. im just trying to experience the high voltage side of things that's why i entered such project. ;)
can any of you guys help me in the design procedure. i have some knowledge in SMPS and transformers but i guess i need some clear guidelines to help me do this project. especially in creating my full bridge and building my transformer.
thanks.
im planning to use a 220 line input.

Hi,

I don’t see any problems building a 500V SMPSU, but from 0 to 500V would be very hard. I have seen a 0 to 100VDC @5A (Elector Magazine) but 0 to 500V it has never been done. Maybe you should have a look at the CUK PSU in Elektor, I think it was april 2005. You might get some idea from it! 8)