Electronics-Lab.com Community

Boost converter capacitor charger

Hi everyone.

I have been trying to design a ciruit for a boost converter in order to charge up a big capacitor. I have come up with a schematic. I would welcome feedback on this circuit, specifically will it work, and what adjustments/additions would be needed to make it work (or work better).

BoostConverter.jpg

The idea of the circuit is to use the 555 timer to proivde the oscillation (at about 48kHz) for the Mosfet driver. The LED between the IC's will be on to indicate charging. The transistor on the right side should activate when the voltage entering the large capacitor hits around 48v. In this case the right LED turns on the the 555 timer is switched off by the reset pin (number 4).

The thing I am most unsure of is the values of the components and whether I got them correct.

Thanks for your help.

well at least someone like to charge up hv capacitors . i cant really give you any coment on the circuit  unlless i biuld it first but ic 2 im not familiar with but if you like some great ideas look at my high voltage pphoto flash capacitor charger and hand powerd photo flash capacitor charger in the high voltage stuff section and allso you will find some neat looking ones in the topic by bakr chargeing of capacitor.  as ive uploade some hard to get circuits there and includes the hv cap chargeing for the coil gun and veichle electrification circuits to and others to