Electronics-Lab.com Community

Using multiple monitors - Help?

As some of you know i do my own karaoke. now i want to make something that i can plug upto 8 monitors into so they all disply what comes from the Monitor out of my laptop. I found this http://www.anatekcorp.com/driving.htm  and not sure if this can be changed to go to 8 monitors. would i need to put switches on the out puts im not using if i only needed to use 5 on a booking?
If someone could be kind enough to simplify this to run multiple screens or  if you know a schematic im looking for i would be most happy.
Thanks in advance

Hi Stuee,
I think the circuit is too simple to drive monitors. Its emitter-followers don't pull-up the signal, its 100 ohm resistors do but with signal loss.

I built video distribution amplifiers for video conferencing systems. I used IC's developed for the application that had push-pull outputs and a gain of 2, then a 75 ohm output resistors to match the video cable/monitors. The divider action of the 75 ohm output resistor with the 75 ohm input of each monitor cut the signal back down to normal. They worked perfectly. ;D

in my day i did a little monitor repair and i made this circuit using buffers and it ran 24 monitors i look around and see if  i can find the drawing somwhere in my attic failing that i maight be able to find the actuall device and rip it apart to see  what i used just cant remember.