Electronics-Lab.com Community

need help on parts of my final year project - using electronic gyroscope

hi everyone...  :)
first of all i would like to say thank you for reviewing my questions...

my name is sam, and i am currently a final year student of UTM (Malaysia). My final project is about studying the characteristics of an electronic gyroscope. Then i would implement it into a moving vehicle, like a small toy car, to control the speed of the motor (DC) when the vehicle moving through a varying slope (down hill, slowing, up hill faster, normal plane, normal speed)

i had search through the net/friends/lecturers and finally caught up on something:-

a) i will be using ADXL150JQC from analog devices for accelerometer as my electronic gyroscope, probably because it is the only thing i could find in malaysia and buy it through their website  ;D (www.rsmalaysia.com). anyway, what are the differences between accelerometers and electronic gyroscopes? ???

b) PIC as the controller (interface) between the sensor and the motor. This is the tricky question... which PIC is the best for my project?  ???

c) should i use a stepper motor, or just dc motor?  ???

d) there must be also other component which i would use in the overall circuit right? such as A/D converter, motor driver and so on...but i dunno which is the right one for me... also including the price must also be suitable for a student project...  :P

so i hope that you guys who had already been familiar with these stuffs can help me guide through the project... maybe some comments would to a trick! please help... thanks all!!!  :-*