Electronics-Lab.com Community

FM/AM transievers

Hi all,

I'm starting to do some self research, and was wondering if anyone had any chips they have used for this type of thing in the past, that they might suggest to someone else.  I am wanting to make a digital reciever and or transmitter.  I have built a simple FM transmitter before, but it is very difficult to tune.  So far I have found one,  the TDA7021T FM radio circuit for MTS, but I haven't had a chance to read the datasheet, I'm going to print some of it off when I get access to a printer. 

Hi Elven,
Compared to my Sony Stereo Walkman AM-FM radio, the TDA7021T is lousy. It is noisy, very distorted and has poor selectivity and poor audio frequency response.
I have two Chinese copies of Philips' earlier IC in scanning FM radios and their performance is terrible. They cost $1.00 in the Dollar Store complete with earbuds and battery cells.

15 years ago my excellent Walkman cost only $20.00. It is usually in my workshop/lab, playing into a little amplifier and pretty good speakers.

Here's the datasheet for the TDA7021T:
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/semiconductors/download.php?Datasheet=2081049