Electronics-Lab.com Community

School Science Fair Project - NEED QUICK HELP PLZ

Hey all,

I have to complete a science fair project within 5-6 days and I need help. My project should be quite simple.

The idea is this:
There will be an LDR in a small box with a transparent window. When the observer covers the transparent window with his finger, a small door will open. And when he removes his finger, the door will close back. Some things I’m not sure about is if the observer leaves his finger on the LDR after the door has fully opened, what will stop the door motor(s)? And how will the door close after the observer removes his finger from the LDR and for the motor(s) to stop when the door has fully shit? Im thinking the could be small switches that when the door fully open/closes, they will be preesed down and disconnect power to the motor, but what will get them to move again if they have no power?

This is a simple demonstration of how biometric technology works. I am fully aware 'real' biometric door use much more sophisticated technology to actually scan the fingerprint.

My budget is around $35

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

• 15 years later...