Electronics-Lab.com Community

need help

power supply that can carry equipments such as pc, radio ,tv, florecent lamps for one hour if there is power failure from supply authority.  

1 member has voted

1. 1. power supply that can carry equipments such as pc, radio ,tv, florecent lamps for one hour if there is power failure from supply authority.

• 30-1 hour
    • 1-2 hours

Hello kazeem Hassan
    UPS, uninterrupted Power supply, There nice to have but I think it would cost less just to buy one rather then to try to make one. Unless you have a good source to buy the batteries at.
                                    Have fun
                                        gogo

Hey logan_dslasher
  yes, UPS's can supply backup for a long time but the longer the time and amount of curent adds to the price, big ones are not cheap. You can find ones to backup the power of a computer system for 30 minutes for under a 100 bucks us, and they get bigger,  but they cost more. UPS systems give you time to shutdown you system without loseing informamtion. As far as Radios, and TV's,Ya they can be found but at a price. But still to buy one would cost less then to make one.
                                        gogo

kazeem, i found a topic that is also about UPS (http://www.electronics-lab.com/forum/index.php?topic=6210.msg38802;topicseen#msg38802) i suggest you contact the author of this topic since both of you are working on the same project.. if he have already started building, maybe he can give you some pointers..  :D just a suggestion..  ;D

windowze killa: would it be better to use power transformers?