Electronics-Lab.com Community

CD-RW

learningTELE

try reading some earlier discs. see if reads an original disc i.e. that was not made in a cd writer. try some audio cds also. have u tried cleaning the lens? if the writer is under warranty use a lens cleaner cd (though they don't work too well). still no response i suggest u take it to the service centre as the warranty will cover the repair charges. it may be possible that the lens alignment is out or bias is not correct. the best way to clean the lens is to open the drive (do it only if the warranty has expired else u'll loose the warranty) and clean the lens lightly with a cotton ball soaked with isopropyl alcohol. its the best thing and it works for me. still no response that u will have to take it to the repairs. first check up the cost for the repairs be giving the final yes. most service centres charge u such an amount that its better to go in for a new writer (cd writers are quite cheap these days). i have an old HP writer thats about more than 6-7 yrs old and writes at a max spped of 4x. its still working but the later models have a life of 2-4 yrs. truly old is gold. ;)