Electronics-Lab.com Community

help with producing a current waveform

hello everyone,

thanks in advance for taking the trouble to read and reply

i am struck with a circuit here . i am aiming to produce a triangular current waveform which has to be used in a different circuit . i've given the simplified version of the circuit

max current 10A , frequency 10 KHz

______2 ohm_______
|

When your output is linear, you are probably operating in the MOSFET's "ohmic region" where the FET looks just like a "pot". Once your gate voltage gets too high, the FET goes full on and there is no longer any correlation (linear) to the gate voltage vs. drain current. It would help if you post the full circuit.

hello indulis,
  is there any other way to obtain such a triangular waveform like using IGBT or any other power electronic device . the current will be in the range of a few tens of amperes

at present i am applying a triangular drive pulse to the gate VGS but my current ID , the drain current is not following that waveform.
the control voltage i am applying is only 0-5 V .

My main requirement is to produce a current pulse of a high rating . in my circuit this triangular current pulse would be utilised by a EDMT machine

at present i am applying a triangular drive pulse to the gate VGS but my current ID , the drain current is not following that waveform.
the control voltage i am applying is only 0-5 V .

If you have a triangular waveform already, why not just apply it directly to a resistor? That will give you your triangular current waveform. If you need more power, apply the signal to the resistor with a emitter follower.

My main requirement is to produce a current pulse of a high rating

A triangular waveform is not a pulse. Which do you need?

in my circuit this triangular current pulse would be utilised by a EDMT machine

What is a EDMT machine?