Electronics-Lab.com Community

CHIP Resistance code value help

Hello, I have a circuit with SMD resistances I couldnt tally the measured value with the code , I is written on the body of the resistance 302 (in yellow ink) , and on another resistance 512 (yellow ink ) , Please help me find values for the same, my multimeter says one thing and the code desipher says other what is the correct way of interpreting code as said above.

Rgds/

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have a circuit with SMD resistances I couldnt tally the measured value with the code , I is written on the body of the resistance 302 (in yellow ink) , and on another resistance 512 (yellow ink ) , Please help me find values for the same, my multimeter says one thing and the code desipher says other what is the correct way of interpreting code as said above.

Rgds/

Hi Rgds,  The value of SMD resistor(resistances) was written on top surface. You can read it such as 302  (orange black red = 30e2 = 3k Ohms) ,512 (green brown red = 51e2 = 5k1 Ohms

The problem you are having is not reading the value correctly, it's the measurements you are taking. You didn't mention removing the parts, so I assume they are still soldered into the circuit. That becomes an in-circuit measurement. You would have to account for what the rest of the circuit is doing to the meter.

SMD resistors. Most...3 digits are 5%, 4 digit are 1 or 2%. Last is always the number of zeros.