Electronics-Lab.com Community

School Project for "Electronics"

I have a school project for "electronics"(I dont know what its called in English, i'm Afrikaans). And i need a bit of assistance.  We have to design a new electronic product or improve on an existing product. The product doesn't have to be complicated, we are getting mark for other areas like the idea, marketablity, tideness,  drawing of diagrams etc

I decided to design a litte applaince that can be sticked alongside a light swith, or on a desired location, that show by means of an LED where the light swith is, to show a home-owner where his light swith is when he strolls into the house late as night. This applaince must be battery operated, small and durable.

I wish to know the following
    1) What kind of battery will be required to power an LED for half an hour?
    2) Can someone provide me with plans for an delay timer? Or an clap activated switch?
    3) What will i need to make the LED flicker

Thanks

(this project is quite simple, i'm a Grade 10 student, and in my first year of this subject)

A led will emit enough light for your purpose (to locate the switch in the dark) at low current levels <5mA or so. Depending which battery you use, it may last for days or weeks.

If you want to make the led to flicker that can be done with a simple circuit or use a flickering led from your local electronics store.

How do you want to use the delay timer and clap switch? Is this part of the project?