Electronics-Lab.com Community

How to build a keyboard...?

Hi there,

I have very little to no experience with circuits, and I am totally new at this. However, I have an ambition to create a system that will allow me to control my house electronically, if possible. I imagine it'll take me many years, and I have to actually buy a place first, but hey.

I've been pondering a physical control system for a while [lest the voice control fail, a system like this really needs fail-safes] and have decided that a keyboard, mounted on the arm, would be best. However, I have no idea how to go about building such a thing. I did a fair amount of Googling and searching on this forum, yet was unable to come up with any guides on how to actually build a keyboard, from scratch, let alone to my own specifications. Thus, I turn to you, noble community, to ask for help.

If you can post links to where I might learn how to do this, or indeed you know yourselves, that'd be fantastic.

Naturally such a device would have to be wireless, and the signal strong enough to go through walls over a fair distance. That, or I put receivers throughout the building. I have no idea which would work better.

Please help me!