Electronics-Lab.com Community

help with an idea

SILVERPEN

Hi, I need some help with an idea but have no idea if it is feesable. I  want a small battery operated transmitter
that will transmit a distance of about 200 feet.It has to have a micro switch. When switch is open it will transmit
a signal to a small receiver and a green lite will be on. When switch is closed a red lite and a sound (beeper,buzzer ) will be activated. The receiver has to be small, keychain small. Also I know nothing about electronics so is there someone or someplace that can I can hire to do this?
                                                                                                                          Thanks, Jerry

The transmitter is transmitting all the time so its battery will not last long unless it is huge.
The receiver will be receiving all the time and will also need a huge battery unless you make it "sleep" most of the time then wake up for a moment when it tries to receive a signal then it sleeps again to save its battery power.