Electronics-Lab.com Community

Active rectifier

Goncalves

Hello everybody

I am not very familiar with active rectifiers, but after reading some books I tried to implement a regenerative braking simulation (active rectifier plus inverter) in Simulink and everything went very wrong.

Some questions I still have unsolved in my mind are:

1) Are PWM rectifiers, controlled rectifiers, active rectifiers and boost rectifiers the same thing?

2) Which is the difference between an inverter and an active rectifier from the switching signals prospective? I mean, the same PWM control implemented for an inverter should work when the converter's being operated as a rectifier?

3) Regarding the d-q components: when controlling a synchronous motor (inverter)we usually make id=0 in order to get maximum output torque. When controlling a rectifier, I read that iq=0 in order to have unity power factor. Is that correct?

4)(Still regarding previous question) If we have a controlled rectifier and an inverter working together (AC/DC/AC converter), wouldn't this (having id=0 for the inverter and iq=0 for the rectifier) cause any control trouble?

I have read several books but different terms and notations only helped to make me more confused.  ???
Please guys, give me some help. If you know some good material or link, it will be very welcome!

Thanks!

Goncalves

• 1 month later...