Electronics-Lab.com Community

Visual "end of cycle" indicator for a dryer

Hi,

I have a problem. Our laundry is located in the basement.  Unfortunately, my wife and I tend to forget when the wash cycle finishes and to put the laundry in the dryer (out of sight, out of mind).  My clothes, sheets, and towels are ending up smelling like mildew and it's getting a little frustrating.  I was wondering about creating a flashing strobe light that would be triggered by the current coming to the buzzer on the dryer's "End of cycle" signal.  The light would keep flashing until a reset button is pressed.  I was thinking of basing it on a visual phone ringer for deaf people, but that type stops flashing when the phone stops ringing.  I haven't even measured the voltage to the dryer's buzzer and I'm not sure how that would trigger a relay.

I'm a novice with electronics projects and don't know how to create something like this, but would like to learn.  If anybody has any ideas, it'd be greatly appreciated!