Electronics-Lab.com Community

24 Channel Servo Controller + Network Interface

Hi All,

I just found this forum, I'm surprised I hadn't seen it earlier.

A friend and I are setting up our own development board company. So far we have a board that enables Ethernet control of relays and 3 channels of PWM for RGB lighting called SplashBase. I've also written PC, iOS and Android applications so people can control there board over the network. While designing the SplashBase we wanted to make it expandable to allow user to plug in different addons. This also breaks out all of the IO for people who want to write there own code for it.

We have just finished the design of the 2nd AddOn, it's a 24 channel servo controller using an LPC11U24. It can be used standalone, connected to the PC or on our SplashBase. We use SPI to control the ARM Cortex M0 processor and each board has 5 chip select lines. So you could stack 5 of these up and control 120 servos, if you managed the power requirements!.

I've just written a blog entry here : http://www.soldersplash.co.uk/2012/11/24-channel-servo-controller/

Let me know what you think!

Carl.

• 3 weeks later...