Electronics-Lab.com Community

Hi from your Newbie Guy ..... and my old Marantz Model SR 1000

Guest satsatsat

Guest satsatsat

Hi everyone,

I'm glad to be here as a new member  and looking forward for more help from you guys for about anything electronic or electrical.

I have this Stereo Marantz SR 1000 from the 70's . It's only the AM radio that is still working but switching to  FM, it is dead.

What could be the problem?

Any help and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thank you so much

Lee_Tong - Lee_Tu Na

• 3 months later...

Guest GenusCanisLupus

How you doing.
Bare in mind that it is 40yrs old and most of the electronics will be almost dead.
First check you have the FM antenna plugged in. Then check the reverse of the dial with a multimeter to check that a signal is being sent through the connections. Might be something simple like that.
I have found the service manual for your model follow the link.
http://www.mediafire.com/?gdtdadsxdcqf340

Look at the file and the FM tunning part is L201 you might want to try retuning that.

I still use my 1964 HH Scott FM stereo receiver nearly every day. The only problem it had was a dial indicator light bulb burned out but it was easy to replace.
My 1997 Yamaha stereo receiver has a worn out selector switch and its FM does not work anymore, even the FM display so it must be a simple power supply problem.