A
Abe
- Jan 1, 1970
- 0
Hi,
I was tinkering with my new digital multimeter and I came across
this problem with the ac voltage supply of my house. The potential
difference between the live wire and the neutral wire is 271V (multi
set to V~). This I assume is the Vm in the equation of Vmsin(theta).
Next the potential between Live and earth wire was 221V and funnily
the potential between earth wire and neutral wire was 28V. Now how can
the earth wire be at a potential higher than the neutral wire? What
could be the problem?
Thanks,
Abhijit
INDIA
I was tinkering with my new digital multimeter and I came across
this problem with the ac voltage supply of my house. The potential
difference between the live wire and the neutral wire is 271V (multi
set to V~). This I assume is the Vm in the equation of Vmsin(theta).
Next the potential between Live and earth wire was 221V and funnily
the potential between earth wire and neutral wire was 28V. Now how can
the earth wire be at a potential higher than the neutral wire? What
could be the problem?
Thanks,
Abhijit
INDIA