Why spec analyzer over 2.5Ghz?

C

Colin Style

Jan 1, 1970
0
I am considering to buy one of the Spectran spectrum analyzers in this
range:

http://www.aaronia.com/products/spectrum-analyzers/?gclid=CO6h-6Cw1agCFQrgbgodf3JVhg

I am aware of the many uses up to 2.5GHz, but what type of signal
sources would I not be able to measure by not going for a 4, 6 or 8
GHz model?

I refer to the spectrum coverage here, not sensitivity which also
seems to increase with each 100 or so euros.

BTW has anyone seen any product that is better value than these for
the price?

Colin Style
 
N

Nico Coesel

Jan 1, 1970
0
I am considering to buy one of the Spectran spectrum analyzers in this
range:

http://www.aaronia.com/products/spectrum-analyzers/?gclid=CO6h-6Cw1agCFQrgbgodf3JVhg

I am aware of the many uses up to 2.5GHz, but what type of signal
sources would I not be able to measure by not going for a 4, 6 or 8
GHz model?

I refer to the spectrum coverage here, not sensitivity which also
seems to increase with each 100 or so euros.

BTW has anyone seen any product that is better value than these for
the price?

Why do you want to buy a spectrum analyzer? What do you want to
measure with it? BTW also look at the start frequency of the spectrum
analyzer.
 
Top