Electronics-Lab.com Community

Selectable source?

stuee

Im after some sort of chip that you can put multiple inputs to it and with a button on it cycle through the inputs, then it forwards that signal off to somewhere else, even beter with a display that i can set the txt for, ie chan 1, chan 2, chan 3 etc...

any ideas.
Thanks in advance.

A simple audio mixer with a rotary switch comes to mind. You will lose the audio of the channels not selected, though. Second choice: If you want to store the audio of the unselected channels, you will need some type of recording circuit. Perhaps one of the digital recorder chips. Is this going in the direction you need or am I way off?

MP

Stuee,
Weren't you enquiring about digital pots for your car on the other post?
The chip that you need is custom-manufactured for car audio systems, with scanning function-selectors, and either has audio digital pots and display circuitry built-in or it interfaces with those custom chips. Perhaps you could obtain them as a replacement part, but you probably won't receive any information about how to hook them up.
It would be an immense task to re-engineer such a system using off-the-shelf electronic parts. May I suggest that you purchase a new "head-unit" with those functions built-in.